- Design thinker who crafts UX experiences, grounded in research, where business opportunities, technical possibilities and users’ needs converge into meaningful solutions that augment the bottom line.
- Business leader who intentionally focuses on improving the customer experience with measurable results, while regularly delivering on business commitments.
- Strategist who guides clients and product management to target and translate research findings to rapidly transfer into agile environments, narrowing the cone of uncertainty, increasing operational efficiency while decreasing risk.
- People leader who has a servant leadership style, who creates opportunities for team members to thrive and expand core competencies.
- Producer whom others turn to time and again to implement a solution. Will work tirelessly to get something done, taking an idea and transforming it into reality.
Sr Specialist, UX Architecture & User Research
eBay, August 2014 - Present
- Delivered insights and solutions with measurable results in increased conversion rates (23%), orders (89%) and maximized efficencies (32%). Cultivated positive stakeholder relationships, winning more work: projects increased 52% YOY.
- Spearheaded bridging gaps between research ndings and product leadership, resulting in enterprise level shifts in roadmap planning and product implementa tion for multi-device platforms and in store pickup.
- Rapidly prototyped solutions, within compressed testing cycles, resulting in proven, elegant solutions. Led team members in shifting to prototyping.
- Took charge of client-facing cross team projects to ensure the seamless integration of research across Analytics, User Research, Strategy and UX teams.
"Hands down AWESOME top talent... She has leadership." – Käthe A, former manager, Director of North America CX at PayPal
User Experience Architect
eBay, February 2013 - August 2014
- Drove strategic planning for UX within the e-commerce platform, catalyzing team innovation and collaboration towards smarter innovation.
- Initiated usability testing for the platform: parcing analytics, conducting tests to target and articulate bottlenecks. Results clarified new development initiatives and spawned follow-up testing.
- Designed wireframes for web stores and business users. Conducted contextual inquiry, wrote user stories, wireframed and prototyped, collaborating closely with internal stakeholders.
- Innovated better experiences for business users. Tasks included: conducting contextual inquiry, writing user stories, wireframing and prototyping, and collaborating closely with internal stake holders.
- Took ownership of complex tasks to meet deadlines within a larger team.
"This research is just what we need." – Jared B., Solutions Architect, eBay Enterprise, to Courtney after she presented "Responsive Experience" research findings
Agile Project Manager
VLS, June 2011- January 2013
- Implemented agile practices through repeated user focused iterations to insure quality delivera- bles from all team members: from user stories to paper prototypes, to end product. Took ownership of keeping client on task to meet deadlines.
- Contributed to company's growth: new website helped increase new distributors by 67% within first quarter after launch, resulting in additional client projects.
"A terrific moderator. You reminded me of how the user feels. Thank you." – Tammy Sachs, CEO, Sachs Insights
WordPress Developer, UX Designer
cssneed, June 2011 - February 2013
- Built custom WordPress themes: architected intuitive wireframes and user flows, designed comps, and coded.
- Expanded knowledge by acquiring UXD skills at Rutgers and Word Press development skills.
- Built positive stakeholder relationships resulting in acquisition of additional project business.
Project Manager, Director of Communications
seeJesus, Feb 2007 - Sept 2011
- Built and coached a team of web designers, graphic designers, writers, editors, proofer and typesetters. Architected site with 58% of visitors staying over 3:35 min over a 3 year period.
"When I talk to Courtney, I get excited about the work I do." – Aurora W, Senior Developer
Sponsorship Program Administrator
Global Partners for Development, Aug 2003-2007
- Supervised the administration of sponsorship program, delivering quarterly reports to board, while enhancing the program with better marketing materials.
"She's a little bull" – Carol S, former publishing house manager
Associate Chaplain, University of Pennsylvania
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, 1996-2003
- Led and coached over 300 students using inductive methods. Planned strategic leadership succession, resulting in 8 new staff and over 60 student leaders.
Coursera, Big Data Specialization (Present)
University of Rutgers, Mini Masters, User Experience Design (2012)
Moore College of Art & Design, Certificate in Web Design, (2009-2012)
University of Pennsylvania, BA English Literature, German Minor (1992-1996)
Member of German Honor Society, Delta Phi Alpha